Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thankful Thursday 2 and Blog Olympics Fever!



Thankful Thurday: What CHRIXEAN is thankful for this week


1. I am thankful for my bloglord and my favorite blogpal Karen Rani for allowing me to rent her space for this week. I absolutely enjoy reading her posts and seeing her wonderful web graphics (she's a designer too, folks, so if you want a blog make-over, look no further! Her designs are top-notch!). As a thank you to her, please visit her blog at TROLL BABY

2. I am thankful for my client UPHS for giving our company a really great print advertorial project which my friend Jennie and I are working on for their 30th year anniversary. I'm quite excited about this because the ad will be coming out in two of our major dailies here in Manila on February 5 and 6!

3. I am thankful for good memories that my primary and secondary school life brought me. I brought my son Nicky over to take an entrance exam at my alma mater's, and in the process got to meet up with my old preparatory and highschool teachers. They were ao happy to see me after decades, and it just felt so good to have received such a warm welcome in the school where you spent 16 years of your life at. As I sat in the school cafeteria waiting for Nicky to finish his exams, I stared at all the kids in uniforms that walked pass me and reminisced on the days when I was their age. Very nice memories.

4. I am thankful for all my friends who came over last Monday to pray over a good family friend, Lucy, who is with cancer and is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. Their presence, their sharings and their prayers allowed Lucy to draw the strength and confidence that she needed to face the challenges that beset her.

5. I am thankful for the fun and refreshing retreat Allan and I attended. The theme was focused on how to strengthen your marriage. The various talks and activities which touched on marital communication problems (which I think is the major source of conflict for a lot of couples) were very helpful to all of us who, due to the busyness of everyday life, tend to forget how to speak to their spouses. It was really cool because at the end of the retreat, a priest was present to give each of us an opportunity to renew our wedding vows! Sweet :-)


Links to other Thankful Thursdays (If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)


-->Click here for the Thankful Thursday code!

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!




* * *

Logo courtesy of Cze-Johnson Fever

The Blog Olympics is so on! Thanks to Barbara of Trying To Catch Up for giving all of us bloggers a chance to prove our blogging worth and reap the rewards of our blogging efforts for the past years! I, for one, am thankful to even just make it to the game rounds! (due to differences in time, I always end up posting right after Barbara has closed the day's game! tsk..tsk...). But now that I have my clock synchronized on my sidebar, I'm pretty sure I'd make the succeeding rounds. I made silver on my first attempt (whoopee!!), and I'm looking forward to what today's round has in store!

Congratulations to Running2ks and PureMood for making Gold for the last round, and to Friday's Child and CrazyMomcat who also made silver!

Time to warm up and stretch for Round 4. Fight! :-D

8 comments:

Running2Ks said...

You are too sweet.

I add my prayers for your friend, and kudos on keeping your marriage fresh and happy!

Wonderful!

Kimberly said...

That retreat sounds wonderful! I really enjoyed reading your list. I hope you have a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your medal! I think 'm having more fun than all of you.

Tasha said...

I don't even know what the Blog Olympics Are LOL. It was fun reading what you are thankful for:) Bye for now!

Viamarie said...

Thanks for making that prayer session possible. Extend my warmest thanks to Derek, Mae, Mon & mini for taking time out to be with us.

Congratulations for joining the retreat.

ribbiticus said...

congrats on the silver! just wanted to say hi to my newest tenant...finally! :)

Trinity13 said...

The Blog Olympics have been a lot of fun!

carmilevy said...

There isn't any need for anti-doping measures at these Olympics, is there?

Kidding!