MY 2006 WISHLIST
1. Bring in at least 5 new clients a month for My Left Hand (our advertising / graphic design company) and bag at least one major client (or turn one of our existing ones) to be the company's cash cow.
2. Formally launch Bubblewrap (our newest apparel business) by 2nd quarter of the year into a full-blown corporation with a store to sell our growing product line.
3. Move into a newer and bigger office to house both companies.
4. Be blessed with good clients. Good meaning kind, compassionate, understanding people who see value in the work that you do for them and stay loyal to the business relationship you have established with them.
5. Learn to say NO. Because I am in a service-oriented business, I have great difficulty saying no to people. And this has spilled over to how I am with other people as well. My tendency to please is driving me and my hubby crazy. I over-extend my time and my capabilities just so I don't lose out on a potential project. Even if it compromises my beliefs, my time for myself and with my family. My dream moment? To walk out of a dull, pointless meeting where the client just cares about making money and shows no interest or value in your work. As in -- just get up and walk out. Sigh.
6. Find inner peace. I probably still have a lot of excess baggage hidden somewhere in a nook inside my heart. I myself can't find it to acknowledge what exactly is hidden there. But whatever it is, it still disrupts my peace. I need to find it, acknowledge it, forgive myself or others for it. Then move on.
7. Work out. Seriously. If only I exercised as much as I shouls each day I spend eating, I would probably be a size 2 by now. But reality bites...
8. Stick to a healthy eating plan. No white rice (must say 10X), no cream-based pasta (must say 30X!! grrr...), no fat-filled desserts (must be put under hypnosis now...).
9. Read more. I used to spend 50% of my waking hours reading books -- fiction or non-fiction novels. Now i spend more time surfing the internet and browsing through design and fashion magazines.
10. Pay all my credit card bills. What more can I say?
11. Buy a new car. My trusty Lancer GLXi is still running as good as ever, but it has it's occasional chokes. It needs a break. And a new Mazda 3 can keep it company (are we still drooling over this car?).
12. Save money for a new house. I really want one. Really. I want my own kitchen, bathroom and garden to decorate. I want the Marasigan stamp to be on every little detail of the house. I want a den / library / gameroom. I want a prayer / meditation room. I want all of those. And Allan deserves that too. He needs to be the man of the house.
13. Have a new baby. A girl would be sweet :-)
14. To enroll Nicky in a good school. I can't be too specific with this because I still believe in the Lord's intervention in these things. I am aiming for De La Salle. But Lord may have other plans...
15. To have P20,000 ($380) excess money a month for pure shopping. To others this may not be a lot, to some it may sound outrageous. Whatever you think, it's my wish list. So this is what i'm putting.
16. Go to Hong Kong Disneyland with my family. I don't just wish for money for travel. I wish for the time I can spare to leave my job and just go on a vacation.
17. Visit my brother-in-law and his family in Michigan. Same as above.
18. Save a half-year's salary. Wow!
19. Give more than 10% to the LNP community and to give more to our supported orphanage, Concordia Children's Services.
20. Spend at least 15 minutes each morning in praise and worship. It helps me stay sane throughout the day. This, coupled with reading Scriptures more, and praying for other people's needs.
21. Stop worrying. About everything. And anything. Let go of control totally. Surrender the reigns of my life to the One who is in control.
22. Live more, relax more, have more fun. Having true fun seems unreal for someone like me. I always seem to be haunted by thoughts of work that i need to get done, work that I forgot to do, work that will be coming soon. I need to loosen up and just suck the life out of LIFE!
23. Buy something that I really want and not feel guilty.
24. I don't get sick. At all. Not even a cold.
25. And that Allan and Nicky don't get sick also. I've managed to remain in a healthier state compared to my hubby and son. I wish this year they'd stay stronger and more resistant to sickness.
26. Finish everything I set out to do. Like finish a painting for once!
27. Reconcile with people I had a falling out with. I don't necessarily need them to be my friends again. I just need to learn to forgive and receive forgiveness from people of the past.
28. To not care about what anybody thinks. To make other people's thoughts their own business and to not bother feeling bad if somebody sees things differently.
29. Take better care of my hair and skin. i have been neglecting my body a lot this past year. My time has been so consumed with work and worries of work that i failed to take better care of myself.
30. Have our portrait taken and turn it into a wall mural. No big reason. I just think it would be cool :-)
I probably could get to 100 with the list. But I guess this is it for now. I will put up another list when I feel the urge to continue with this. Do you have your New Year Wishlists / Resolutions up yet? If you do, send me your link so i can view them too! Would be fun to give each other a RAH! RAH! for the goals we've set out to do.