I've totally forgotten how pregnancy feels and although this second trimester is getting easier on the travels and the queasiness, there are other discomforts that I'm getting reacquainted with.
- Swollen feet and ankles. I am not happy with the fact that every so often my feet and ankles puff up to an alarming size that makes me look like I've got marshmallows in my shoes. Although they aren't painful, they can be annoying to look at. Plus, my head starts to fill up with awful thoughts that every normal girl worries about -- what if my shoes no longer fit? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily, I have a loving hubby who makes sure my legs get propped up on towers of pillows every night, and gets a mild and loving massage it well deserves. :-)
- Sudden stabbing pains in the lower abdomen. There are these certain days when I probably forget I am pregnant (days when I probably become schizophrenic and forget my name and gender as well...) and I work and move around as if I were my normal self. Not a good thing to do. I checked with my Ob-GYNE and my trusty old "What To Expect..." book while doubled up in pain, to see if I needed to panic and rush myself to the hospital. Fortunately, this sort of thing is quite normal (for careless people like me) especially when the pain comes after a sudden movement (like getting off a bed or a chair).
- Pimples the size of peas. Ok, I'm exaggerating. But they sure feel like they've grown to enormous proportions! I've never ever had to contend with more than 2 zits on my face all at one time. Now I have more than 8 across my face, down to my neck and a few more on my back. Need I describe this ordeal further? Maybe not. You probably get the picture. AAARGH.
- Bloodied gums. YUCK - is all I can say about this.
- Because my feet are well taken cared of by my pampering hubby, it merited a stare from a well-know international singer who I happened to stand next to at the mall (who also happens to be pregnant and should be giving birth really soon. hint. hint.). Haha.
- On days when I am more relaxed (and lazy), I enjoy the occasional kicks that the baby gives. It gives me peace to know that it is active, well and most likely, happy swimming around inside me.
- Despite my irritation with pimples, people have told me that I looked glowing and have complimented that I looked beautiful pregnant (awww, shucks....*blush*).
So wait for my next post! If all goes well, I'll have a new ultrasound pic up and hopefully, new names to choose from! :-)