Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Where's the baby?

Yes, where is she?

I'm on my 39th week and still no sign of Keira coming out yet.

I am...

Tired
Impatient
Tired
Tired
Heavy
Concerned
Anxious

I don't want to be induced into labor again. I prayed for the last 8 months that this baby come out naturally, so I am not going to accept the idea of labor induction. My exact due date is on October 2, so I have less than a week to convince her that it's time to come out. I've been walking almost every other day already, and I may do it daily starting this afternoon if I know it to really help. If you see me in person, you won't even know that I'm due to give birth soon. The baby's sitting so high still, my OB-GYNE says she can still feel the baby's head "floating" a bit above my pelvic area.

Sigh.

I've read about the different ways to induce labor "naturally" without the help of an IV, but I don't feel comfortable trying any of these methods without my doctor's consent. So I guess, I'll have to just stick to walking some more and hope and pray that Keira cooperates with me.

To all the mommies out there who have given birth naturally (meaning no C-sections), have you ever gone beyond your due date? What did you do to make sure the baby came out already? Would really appreciate it if you shared with me your birth story...

... before I lose my mind waiting.....

5 comments:

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I was overdue 2 weeks but I know you won't want to hear it but I was induced. Didn't want to but had to. I was losing weight due to the shrinking of the baby because according to my OB-Gyne, my placenta has matured and the baby lacks oxygen so I had to induced.
Hope yours turns out naturally. You still have till Oct. 2.
Thanks for passing by.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Goodness, she must like the snuggness and warmness in there, and is in no hurry to come out. Hope she comes out all on her own. Best of luck. Take care, Meow

Trinity13 said...

I went 10 days past my due date...but I ended having a scheduled C-sec to get my son out. And it will be the same way for this one as well.

Anonymous said...

Yes - I did go beyond the due-date. Almost a week :). I walked a lot (more a waddle than a walk). Worked around the house - like cleaning. It took a little longer (the cleaning), but it helped so I didn't had to be induced. I'll be praying a little harder for you.

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

I was induced with my first and felt the same way as you with my second.
On my due date I told my husband, "I'm going to walk until I go into labor." I did walk about 5 miles and was having contractions, but after I got home and sat down, they slowed. I made an effort to be just slightly dehydrated. My water broke that night at 10 pm. I don't know if it was related.