Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thankful Thursday 36

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
What CHRIXEAN is thankful for this week

* Nicky is well and healthy. He's been down under the weather since last Friday, and we've been concerned because he just recently recovered from a bad cold and a fever. I'm thinking it might be because his classroom is closed and airconditioned, so when one kid gets a cough and a cold, it's much easier for the virus to be passed on. Good thing he was given an ok sign by his pediatrician this morning when we brought him for a check-up, and was given supplements and vitamins to boost his appetite and to increase his body resistance.

* I've met several design deadlines before I gave birth. Early this month, my biggest worry was not being able to deliver most of my ongoing projects' deadlines thinking that I might not make it to Keira's arrival date. But I guess I should really leave it up to God to decide what should get done on time and when I should bring Keira into the world. With the help of my office team, I was able to submit all my projects on time, and I actually now have time to accept new projects while waiting for labor.

* Dinner with friends. I recently had dinner with my really great friend Jennie G, and I was so happy to have spent time with her after a long while of not having a girls nightout. When I wasn't pregnant yet, I used to go out with her on dinner dates or for coffee chats at least twice a week, just to relax, have a good laugh and to swap gal stories. So it was quite a change for both of us when I got prego and had to cut down on the late night outs and the coffee meets, and just settle for text exchanges to keep us updated on stuff. Tomorrow I will be having dinner with my friends Bien and Jerome, who are in town for a visit. I haven't seen them in almost 4 months, so I am quite excited to have this time to spend with them too.


What are you thankful for? I bet there are a lot that you can think of! If you want to join Thankful Thursday, just email me or leave a comment, and I will add you to the weekly list and to the TTh blogroll :-)



Click here for the Thankful Thursday code

Click here for Chrixean's blog


Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!



5 comments:

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

It's nice to hear that Nicky is up and about. Hope his vitamins help strengthen his resistance to viruses. And it is also good you have met all your deadlines. We wouldn't want them to be pending when you give birth right? Because after birth you need lots of rest.
Thanks for stopping by.

eph2810 said...

I am thankful that you are doing so great this late in your pregnancy...
Dinner with a very close friend is wonderful ~ need to have that girl-talk.
I am glad that your son had a good check-up at the doctors. You are right - it has to do with A/C and being all closed up with all the other kids. Easy for germs to spread.

Viamarie said...

A lot of my friends' kids have the same problem with airconditioned classrooms. Glad everything is ok.

Take care and God Bless!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Looks like things are going o.k. for you. Our baby will be born on Monday. He wasn't due until Oct. 5, but he's ready! (She is, too!) One more sound in my house!!! :)

chinois97 said...

Good to hear that everything is falling into place... Nicky getting well and your work load completed. New projects?! That can wait until baby Keira comes out.