Sunday, September 17, 2006
My Brain In a Knot
This is my first day in the past weeks where I am actually sitting at the computer doing nothing else other than to surf, blog and read blogs. Isn't that wonderful? I declared today an I-will-be-a-sow-and-just-eat-sleep-watch-tv-and-blog day. The downside to having your office right next to your house is the temptation to go to work and finish stuff that you know are still dangling over your head. So I had to fight this temptation (since I practically worked the whole day of yesterday anyway) by keeping my mind of the week's project line-ups and focusing on useless, senseless and unimportant stuff like YouTube videos, fastfood online delivery menus (just felt like having a totally unhealthy Jollibee meal for lunch today) and memes. I feel like my brain is in this really tight knot and it needs unravelling badly.
So be prepared to see a lot of useless information being unravelled right before your very eyes, as I will attempt to write down a list of 10 things about me which probably a lot of people didn't know (even my closest friends) that I just happened to think about (or remember, for a more appropriate word) right now and which I will list here because if I don't I will probably forget them entirely.
1. I had a pet cat at age 9 named Sylvia. I didn't buy her at any pet store. She just wandered into our house, so I decided to pick her up and lay claim to her fate. She stayed with me for less than a year because she ran off with another kitty. That's when I learned she was actually a Sylvestre....
2. I am scared of dentists. I am more scared of dentists than I am of gynecologists.
3. I want to have a tattoo. Why? Because it's cool. Because I am an artist. And because I am an artist, I want my art to be tattooed on my body for the world to see. Why don't I have a tattoo then? Because I am scared of needles. And so ends my dreams of having a tattoo...
4. I drove my schoolbus into a wall. I accidentally turned the ignition key of the bus instead of turning on the radio (which I was told to do!), and so the bus jerked and slammed into the school's wall. No, I wasn't drunk. No, I don't need psychiatric help. I actually don't even know why I did it in the first place. I probably had an out-of-body experience of some sort....
5. I don't like nature trips. I am a city girl through and through. I don't like the outdoors where there are trees and grass and hills and streams.... I don't like any place that didn't have a hotel and a mall nearby. I don't like camping (which is why I never joined the girl scouts). Trees, mountains and grassy areas to me are equivalent to bugs, SPIDERS, snakes, roaches and all things slimy, icky and gross.
6. I want to study ballet again. I did. I stopped. I never went back. Now I like the thought of dancing again.
7. My dream as a child was to be a world-renowned fashion designer. I had stacks and stacks of sketches of dresses and ball gowns. I have no idea what happened along the way, but I lost interest and ended up doing other things.
8. I never liked children. Up until the time I had Nicky, I would never have imagined myself being around a baby, much more to take care of one!
9. I lost a baby sister who I named Christine Anne Morse Percy. I don't know why I gave her such a strange long name, but I know for sure that if she were alive today, she wouldn't be too happy with me.
10. I don't wear perfume, I don't carry handkerchiefs and I don't bring make-up or a hairbrush in my bag. Perfumes make me sneeze, I lose hankies ALL the time, and I am not one of those girls who go to the ladies room to fix my hair or to retouch my makeup.
I just realized that 10 in my list is not enough. I will need a separate post to continue this list, but for now, I think these are ok. My brain is breathing more freely now, and I've accomplished my first senseless task for the day. Now I'm off to eat a heavy, unhealthy fastfood meal and go about doing absolutely nothing the rest of my lazy day.