Thankful Thursday: What CHRIXEAN is thankful for this week
1) Friends who are generous and kind enough to lend me maternity stuff (maternity clothes are SO expensive here! So I definitely welcome any clothes that are lent out to me), and who call me to let me know that they are GIVING me their baby stuff like their crib, stroller, playpen and baby clothes! The latter I mentioned has invested in really nice and new baby furniture because she decided she wanted to foster babies who were up for adoption. Sadly, the stress and depression that came with parting with the babies on the day they got adopted was too much for her to handle any longer (it affected her deeply), that she decided to give up on foster-parenting altogether.
2) Opportunities to evangelize through our Ligaya ng Panginoon (Joy of the Lord) community. The community just recently announced the start of our Purpose Driven Life Series (yeah, yeah, i know it's kinda late for this. But better late than never!), where we will all go through the 40 days of teachings and learning about our purpose here on this planet. What I am most thankful for is the opportunity for us to bring more people to know Jesus, our Lord better. I know a lot of friends and relatives who will definitely benefit from this series, and I am glad that it is our sector who is in charge of hosting this big event.
3) American Idol and The Amazing Race -- both of which keep me so entertained that at least 2 hours in a week I forget I am pregnant.
4) Good health. Despite my hectic hours, I am thankful that God has protected me and the baby from any kind of sickness. I am due for my Hepatitis screening soon, so hopefully that's clear. I also need to meet with my Endocrinologist to check on the status of my thyroid sickness. but in general, I feel fine (details of my NOT being fine can be seen in my weekly Preggy Postings :))
5) Provisions. To afford a really nice and affordable birthday party for Nicky. To pay for Nicky's tuition in his new "big kids" school. To pay all our credit card bills. To hopefully make improvements in our office and hopefully to hire new assistants.
6) Internet connection. How will I survive my crazy day-to-days without it???!
Links to other Thankful Thursdays --> (Check out the Thankful Thursday Blogroll on my right side bar!) (If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)