1) A friend of ours who owns a chain of boutiques all over the Metro has agreed to carry our T-shirt brand, BUBBLEWRAP (to the uninformed, I co-own a company that designs and produces vintage tees), in his stores and help sell them. It will be a great opportunity for us to get more exposure for the brand, and for us to create a following of loyal customers (his family been in the t-shirt business for 20 years!).
2) We were also offered a deal to design a totally unique brand and line-up of shirt designs (10 designs a month!!) exclusively for the #1 mall chain in the country!
3) Holy Week! In our country, Holy Week is equivalent to vacation week for most. Vacation starts on Holy Wednesday (for some) and ends on Easter Sunday. It gives most of us the opportunity to slow down, take time to re-charge, pray, and re-fresh before facing the gruelling months ahead. A lot of people go to the beach, go home to their toens and provinces, or take a trip to another country. We plan to participate in a few of our Christian community's activities and grab the chance to just kick back and rest.
4) Cable TV. During Holy Week, local programs switch off entirely to prevent people from being distracted. Thank God for cable TV! On with the shows!
5) Beef Sukiyaki. Strangely, I've been craving for this Japanese dish for the past week. I'm so glad that there are tons of Japanese restaurants nearby :-)
Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!
View More Thankful Thursday Participants