Monday, November 07, 2005

Blind Contour Friday 14

I'm late in my Blind Contour post. My drawing was done last Friday, but my computer conked out on me shortly after and i couldn't scan my picture till today. So i'm posting two BCDs this week....

Anyway, this is me doing a blind contour of me doing a blind contour.... haha!



I shifted around several times on my bed while holding onto my sketch pad, till i chanced upon my reflection on the full-length mirror beside my dresser. Thought i'd be an interesting subject that day because I had on a colorful beaded necklace with a matching beaded bracelet and a bright turquoise tank top. I thought I looked like E.T. in drag in this drawing though -- the shape of my head and the giant eyes skewed towards the lower part of my face was a clear reminder of the famous alien. Then again, it may actually be an accurate self portrait of how i feel on a daily basis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great bc. You even have the body parts in the right place. I'm amazed at how complicated everyone's drawings are getting. And thank you for your comment on Pharoh!

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

This is lovely and the colors and hair done so well. It is not easy to draw oneself when doing a blind contour. Now this week you are suppose to be making the most outrageous face?

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe that this is a BC- everything is in the right place and with the right proportions! Very nice!