Thursday, March 31, 2005

Don't Have A Cow, Man!


My love for the black-spotted farm milkmaid dates back to highschool at the height of the pig fad, when toys from OINK, the pink pig-dominated gift shop, were found sitting on every girl's bedspread. It was an "in" thing to own at least one OINK plush toy or pig printed accessory (at least where i came from!), that everywhere i turned there was a young girl toting a pink piggy! It absolutely drove me nuts! (No offense to those who still have and love their pigs...) But i wanted to have a cute farm animal to cuddle in my bed too, and pigs were definitely out of my list of choices. Then i saw the cutest, cuddliest bovine on a shelf at Gift Gate that i decided then and there that i had to have it -- along with all the other cute cows that ever existed (Only the black spotted cows caught my fancy, not the brown, scrawny cows you see in farms in the Philippines!). And that started it all -- first the cow toys just kept on coming, from stuffed cow keychains to gigantic cow dolls, to a selection of cow books, cow bed spreads, cow cookie jars...and the list goes on and on.

One of my most favorite cow piece in my collection is a 24" X 36" framed poster which continues to hang on our wall. I love the poster because it gives great and truly valuable advice on how to deal with life's ups and downs -- a cow's perspective, that is. Admittedly, though the list is mainly a variation of puns and silly clichés, they all actually make a lot of sense -- in my life, at least. I catch myself every now and then reading the poster to remind myself of the wisdom that my cows bring me (hehe). So here are a few of the pointers i picked up from my poster:

ALL I NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT LIFE I LEARNED FROM A COW
  • Always wake up in a happy moo-d
  • Don't cry over spilled milk
  • The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence
  • When you get hurt, turn the udder cheek and moo-ve on
  • Seize every opportunity and milk it for it's worth
  • It's better to be seen and not herd
  • Honor thy fodder and thy mother
  • Never take any bull from anyone
  • Always let them know who's the bossy
  • Cow-nt your blessings everyday
  • And remember... life is easier when you take the bull by the horns

MOO!!!!

2 comments:

ribbiticus said...

Holy cow, Peach! Question for you: If a cow laughed, will milk come out of its' nose? - hehehe (",)

Chrixean said...

Gee don't know Mae-an, i haven't tried making one laugh yet (and i haven't tried tipping one over, either! I heard it's quite fun, too, hehe) But if it does laugh, i'm assuming it will start spurting out in UDDER places! mwahahaha!:P