Sunday, July 24, 2005

A Welcome Change

Finally -- a look I can finally call my own! And what better way to start fresh than to shed off the old blog skin and to dress it up to suit my personality best.

The new masthead is actually an oil painting i did recently called "Coming Home", which i never really got to finish (well, Picasso almost always left his paintings unfinished, didn't he?). Being the perfectionist that I am, I always saw something in it that I wanted to change or to improve. So I decided to turn a section of the canvas into something that i could appreciate better on a regular basis. The color schemes I chose are what I would consider a reflection of my state right now -- quiet, calm, refreshed and just enjoying being in the present.

Over-all I am happier with this new look.

Hope you guys like it! :-)

5 comments:

ribbiticus said...

Really, really nice, Peach! How I wish I had your talent. If I did, I wouldn't have had to commission someone else to create a new look for my blog. =)

The White Rabbit said...

Yeah...really, really, nice...which makes me wonder when oh when this Picasso-in-the-making is going to design MY blog??? Hehehe. I'm not shy about hinting AT ALL. us less talented beings have to be downright kapal about such things. :D

Anonymous said...

ganda ganda naman sis... tuwa me kasi recognized na yun yung oil painting mo... see, i could be good in details, basta nagandahan me... hehehe...

really liked it... and successful yung color scheme... it radiates calm, peace, serenity... ganda gawing wallpaper ng pc ko...hahaha...

hay, mustering pa courage to request for internet account... once i have one, will echo din the white rabbit's request... please, oh please, design my blog... would love to see how you can capture my spirit in your design.... hey, dapat pala gawa muna me blog... and not my dear diary sa word...

=D

SmellMyKnee said...

Nice... green fave color ng mom ko hehehe. thanks for the html codes. I hope I can get to it before I go home, if not naku matagal na project nanaman ito. Hope to see you soon!

Chrixean said...

thanks, thanks! glad you all like it:-)